There are countless dreams still unfulfilled, countless people wishing for things that seem so unachievable, countless negative people telling us we can’t, we aren’t able, we’re just not lucky enough or strong enough to get there.
Well, guess what? If we put our minds to it we can! Our self belief is something that drives us so much yet we often don’t take the time to work on it. Our mindset really will determine whether we succeed or not. For example, if we go for a job interview thinking “I know I won’t get it”, chances are, you won’t. If you go for the very same interview telling yourself you ARE the best candidate and WILL get that job, chances are you will!
So, how do we work on our mindset? There are plenty of mindset books to read or cds to listen to, just google mindset books and you’ll find loads. Here though, I’ll give you a few quick tips that have helped me gain self confidence and belief for life in general and my network marketing business Lifetree World.
- Dream Journal– Where do you want to be in a few months? A year? 2,3,4,5 years time? Keep a journal and write down what you’ve done, what you can do and what you will do to get closer to those dreams.
- Dream Board – Find images of what you desire most, start small, finish big. So you could start with ‘getting out of overdraft by September’, find an image that represents being debt free. By the end of the dream board, your main ambitions will be on show, do you want to take your children to Disneyland, or buy a yacht and travel the seas? Put your dream board in a place where you will always see it, so that, even when you don’t realise it, you will be subliminally acknowledging what you are going to achieve. Click the following links to read Wendy at Brilliance Within’s blogs all about Dream Boards How to Create a Dream Vision Board by Wendy at Brilliance Within How I created My First Vision Board Magic by Wendy at Brilliance Within
- Surround Yourself with Positive People – There will always be ‘Negative Nellies’ around, you just need to know when to step away from them, seek out people who are similar to you, who have similar goals to you. Positivity or negativity will influence your mindset, best to be influenced by a positive person than a negative one don’t you think? 🙂
- Imagine – Imagine yourself being where you want to be, use your 5 senses, what can you hear, smell, taste, touch and see when you are there? Visualise it daily, try and do things that bring you closer to that reality, for example, if you want an Audi TT, go and test drive one, savour that feeling when you drive it, one day you will be driving one of your very own.
- Be grateful – for what you already have, family, friends, home etc. To attract more you need to be grateful for what you already have. Say thank you for them, repeat to yourself or write them in a gratitude journal. Say thanks for what you will receive in the future, as if it is a done deal.
- Affirmations – Write down daily affirmations, for example, if you want to lose weight you could use..I love being physically fit and I lost enough weight so that I am at my ideal weight. If you wish to be debt free you could use.. Each day I am becoming more financially healthy. You should repeat the daily affirmation to yourself as often as possible throughout the day.
- Wake up – Instead of rolling out of bed with a sleepy head, set the radio on your alarm or pick a favourite cd and put it on, get up and dance! If you’re worried you might wake your neighbours up, get the music on in the car on the way to work. Start your day in a positive way and success and positivity will follow you wherever you go 🙂
Wishing you every success and happiness,